Dynamo Brest’s Goalkeeping Coach Cristian Patru commented the signing of Jeremy Malherbe:
- Jeremy arrived to our team from Belgian Second Division, where he had a really good season, took part in all the games and was named as the best goalkeeper of the league. According to my information, the interest in Jeremy was high, as several other clubs looked for possibility of signing contract with him, but we managed to capture the signature first. I hope we can make together with him, and also Vlad Kuzhal and Vlad Khvin fortress in our goal.
- What is Malherbe’s major advantage?
- The players like Malherbe (the Frenchman’s height is 197 cm - note) usually have problems with low flying ball, but at the same time, he has brilliant reaction and reflexes, which allow him to reach such kind of balls. Also, with his height he can dominate in the air.
- Are you satisfied with the selection of the goalkeepers and with their level?
- I do prefer when there are three goalkeepers in the squad. This keeps everyone 100% focused and determined. As for the level, now I can only judge their attitude. They all do their best in training to master their skills. This is the main point. We have two young goalkeepers with high potential, but they need to work hard and be patient to reach their goals. I like to see the boys enjoying the trainings. This is of a high importance for the communication between goalkeepers and the coaches.
Also I would like to say a word of gratitude to Dmitry Asnin for the three months of working together. I wish him all the best in the future.