Football club Dynamo Brest is happy to announce the signing of a contract with a forward Artem Milevskiy. The agreement is clinched for 1.5 years.
The 32-years-old native from Minsk early has been playing for Dynamo Kyiv, Gaziantepsor (Turkey), Croatian HNK Hajduk and RNK Split, Romanian CS Concordia Chiajna and Russian FC Tosno.
For the National Team of Ukraine Milevskiy has made 50 appearances and scored 8 goals, having participated in FIFA World Cup-2006 quarterfinal.
Three-time Ukrainian champion (2004, 2007, 2009)
Four-time Ukrainian Cup’s winner (2003, 2005, 2006, 2007)
Three-time Ukrainian Super Cup’s winner (2006, 2009, 2011)
Participant of FIFA World Cup-2006 quarterfinal
UEFA European Under-21 Championship-2006: runner-up
UEFA European Under-19 Championship-2004: third place
Top scorer of Ukrainian Premier League (2010, 17 goals)
Top assister of the Ukrainian Premier League (2009)
Ukrainian Footballer of the Year (2008, 2009)
Ukrainian Premier League Footballer of the Year (2009)
2012-2013 - Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine) - 229 appearances, 80 goals, 55 assists.
2013-2014 Gaziantepspor (Turkey) - 9 appearances, 1 goal, 1 assist.
2014-2015 - HNK Hajduk Split (Croatia) - 27 appearances, 3 goals, 6 assists.
2016 - CS Concordia Chiajna (Romania) - 15 appearances, 6 goals, 2 assists.
2016-2017 - FC Tosno (Russia) - 18 appearances, 3 assists.
2006-2012 - Ukrainian National Team - 50 appearances, 8 goals.
Right after the signing of the contract Artem shared his impressions in a talk to the press-office of the club.
- First of all, I would like to thank Dynamo Brest’s management for the transfer and opportunity to play in my Motherland. The club’s Board explained its politics and the way everything is built here. It’s a nice idea and ambitious project.
For my whole career I’ve been thinking that one day I’ll return to the native country to play in Belarusian Highest League. I am happy with how everything has gone. Thanks to my manager Alexander Pankov, who proved his professionalism again. Also thanks to Vitaly Ledenev, who also assisted with the transfer. He is my good fellow, who lives in Minsk.
- You’ve told about Motherland. How is it native for you?
- When I was born, my mom and dad were living in Minsk, but they have their own native place. My mom was born in Mogilev region, near Berezino, and dad - in Brest region, near Telehany village. There’s a beautiful place for fishing, called Vygonischi. So, we’re all homegrown. I presume, my phone will become red soon. My parents are happy, so am I, will meet them more often now.
- You have a bright career behind you, many big games. Do you still have blood in your veins?
- The most important for me, and it has been in all clubs, to feel support. Now there are no barriers for me.
- How often did you hear about Dynamo Brest last year?
- I’ve been reading in different sports resources, that Brest is building an interesting project, with different near-football moments apart from football itself. The management of the club know what’s trending - social networks, E-Sports and another contemporary stuff. It’s obvious for me that now I am part of an up-to-date club. This modernity attracted me.
- Do you have untapped ambitions in football?
- I don’t know. I would like to be named a Player of the Year in Belarus. I have vivid examples in the face of Alex Khatskevich and Valik Belkevich. When I arrived to Dynamo Kyiv, being 20 years old, they patronized me, told about club affairs. I’m still in touch with Alex, now he is Mr.Khatskevich.
Commercial Director of Dynamo Brest Maksim Krasnobaev commented on the signing of the contract with the forward:
- The club has belief in Artem. We do believe that the player of his level will be beneficial for us in achieving the desired result. We all happy to welcome him in Brest. It’s nice that Artem shares club's philosophy, and moreover, he won't need to get used to the colors, as he will play under his native blue-white ones.